Would you share with us your thoughts on this vital subject?
What are the best resources for cultivating wisdom?
There is a major section of The Wisdom Page headed RESOURCES FOR WISDOM DEVELOPMENT. It has several subsections:
- DEFINING THE TASK — CONSTRUCTING A WISDOM-BASED LIFE
- THE MEDITATION TOOL
- OTHER PRACTICES AND TOOLS
- WISDOM-RELATED SIGHT AND SOUND MEDIA
- OTHER WISDOM-RELATED RESOURCES
If you follow those links and visit that part of the website you will find essays aimed at helping us to develop wisdom, information about wisdom-fostering practices, a variety of A-V resources, and links to courses, websites, and organizations — all of which have the aim of helping us to become wiser individuals.
Here, we at The Wisdom Page would like feedback from you and others who are working intentionally to become wiser people. Among the things that we would like to better understand are:
- What are the most effective ways to develop wisdom?
- What practices work?
- Which ones are a waste of time?
- What attitudes, ways of being, and ways of seeing are important to cultivate? And how do we go about doing that?
- In your view, what resources — be they psychological therapies, spiritual practices, books, courses, institutions, etc. — can significantly help us move along the path toward greater wisdom?
We are interested in your comments about resources already available on The Wisdom Page, and about any truly helpful resources you know about which are not. Also, feel free to comment on the comments made here by others.
Your help in this is very much appreciated.